Thursday, May 31, 2012

Not Quite Illiterate

By my own admission, I have lots to learn about the brave new world of computer technology.  If you were to ask my 13 year old daughter, she would say I'm a complete illiterate. Truth be told, I do sometimes play dumb with her. She gets a kick out of doing that adolescent-girl-demeaning-her-mom thing. And I get secret pleasure out of knowing that I know more than she thinks I know. I must confess, though, that there is reason to think I have tons to learn. Case in point; search for me on facebook and you'll find there are two of me! And what do you know? We have 38 friends in common! I know, you're way ahead of me; yes, I forgot the first password. So if you want to friend request me, I suppose you could send the request to both of us (both of me?). The one who responds is me. Want more? No problem. So I heard from a friend that a particular internet game was fun. When I wrote to ask how I could play, I think he thought I wanted to know the logistics of the game. He quickly discovered I didn't even know the first step in accessing a game or even responding to a game invite. Wisely, he suggested that I ask my 13 year old. A similar thing happened with regard to getting You Tube on my phone. I could picture my friend's mouth hanging slightly open at the thought that more than a decade into the 21st century a middle aged person wouldn't know something so simple. I still read the manual when I get a new phone, I don't know how to fully operate a remote (please don't let a function require two remotes), and I would sooner wait six months for daylight savings time than to attempt to adjust the clock in my vehicle. By now you're wondering, "why the lengthy disclosures and what does this have to do with her journey through infertility?" It's a not-so-subtle attempt at getting all my loyal readers to overlook the fact that I haven't written in so long. Check out recent facebook comments between me and my niece: Tammi - Hey, so remember when you used to blog? lol; Me - If I told you what was up with that, you'd think I was goofy. Tammi - You can't remember your password anymore can you? Me - Hush!!! Tammi - SERIOUSLY??!!! So that was ten days ago and I made up my mind that I would do whatever it took, without any help, to get back into my blog. Now all you smarty pants are thinking, "just reset the password." Well, how nice for you that you just somehow know to do that. No, I'm not resentful. Anyway, I'm back and I'm eager to write more. As for the many followers, well maybe I have a couple but my hope is that many will be blessed. So what's up with those funky characters they make you re-type anyway?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you’re back in this, Tia! :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So here's something funny Tammi. Your Tia Gina wanted to make a comment on here to say that if I'm computer illiterate, she's sub illiterate. But, try as she may, she couldn't figure out how to publish the comment! Isn't that a riot?!

    ReplyDelete